Diamonds are a mesmerizing example of nature at work, but these 2014 diamond finds are more like nature working overtime!
- True Blue – a 122.52 carat blue diamond was mined in South Africa. At its 2014 sale, it brought a cool $27 million. Blue diamonds are rare, and one of this size is unheard of.
- Double Diamond Delight – It’s rare to mine one 160+ carat diamond. So when two were found in the same mine, that’s a major windfall. One weighed in at 161.74 carats, while its ‘sibling’ tipped the scale at 162.06 carats.
- 90+ Carats of Diamond Dazzle– An ultra-rare Type IIa diamond was found in Angola strutting a weight of 95.45. No further word on its quality, but the stone is an irregular shape measuring an astounding 25mm by 20mm by 16mm
- South Africa Blue – a 29.9 carat blue rough diamond, found in South Africa, was described as an “outstanding vivid blue with extraordinary saturation, tone, and clarity, and has the potential to yield a polished stone of great value and importance.”
- Finders Keepers – This is more about the story, than the diamond yielded. A lucky 14 year old found a 3.85 canary yellow diamond while visiting Crater of Diamonds State Park in Arkansas. Anyone who finds a diamond gets to keep it at this brilliant park!